UMATILLA, Ore. - Young anglers are invited to a free fishing derby at McNary Lock and Dam on Saturday, May 20, from 10 a.m. to noon.
This annual derby is co-sponsored by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. The event will take place at Fountain and Experimental Ponds, located within the nature area near McNary Dam. There is no cost to participate.
The fishing derby is for children ages 12 and younger, and of all levels of experience. Rainbow trout, provided by ODFW, will be stocked in the ponds for the derby. Prizes will be awarded for tagged fish. Fishing at Fountain and Experimental Ponds will open to the public after the derby ends at noon.
To get there, travel 1 mile east of Umatilla, Ore., on Highway 730, turn north onto McNary Dam Road; located at Columbia River Mile 292, on the south riverbank.
For more information about this event, call McNary Lock and Dam park rangers at 541-922-2268.
- Navy parachutist dies during demonstration over Hudson River
- Seattle police investigate double shooting
- Eight people killed in Mississippi shooting spree
- Rollover accident leads to jail time in Pasco
- Washington judge sentences 5 people involved in sex sting
- Ferris wheel company seeks testimony on accident