OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- Washington health officials say 76 people have died from the flu this season as of Friday, up from 46 deaths reported the previous week.
The latest weekly update from the state Department of Health shows that all but four of the people who died were 50 and older.
Earlier this week, Pierce County reported that a child younger than 10 died of the flu.
Pierce County had the highest number of reported flu-related deaths with 20, followed by 18 in Snohomish County. King County reported 11 deaths.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities