To help prevent the misuse and abuse of prescription medication, the DEA has teamed up with local police departments in its "Got Drugs?" campaign.
Anyone with expired, unused, or unwanted medications could drop them off at their local police department this weekend, no questions asked.
The next collection will be in the Fall.
This is the third time Pasco Police have participated in the drug takeback.
The first time they collected four tall boxes of prescriptions.
The nationwide program has taken in nearly 2,000 tons of pills in the last three years.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes