To help prevent the misuse and abuse of prescription medication, the DEA has teamed up with local police departments in its "Got Drugs?" campaign.
Anyone with expired, unused, or unwanted medications could drop them off at their local police department this weekend, no questions asked.
The next collection will be in the Fall.
This is the third time Pasco Police have participated in the drug takeback.
The first time they collected four tall boxes of prescriptions.
The nationwide program has taken in nearly 2,000 tons of pills in the last three years.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River