OUTLOOK, WA -- The water advisory for the Outlook neighborhood in Yakima is expected to remain in place through the weekend.
The state Department of Health reports testing of the drinking water from public wells is ongoing and no results are available yet.
Even if tests come back clean, a second round of testing is anticipated before the water alert is lifted.
The state Department of Agriculture had staff in the neighborhood on Saturday to collect drinking water samples from private water wells for testing and will cover the costs of this testing.
Yakima County Emergency Management reports that a pallet of bottled water donated by the Sunnyside Walmart Distribution Center is all gone.
The county will be seeking additional donations.
Finally, residents in the area who need help with water testing or have questions about their water, should contact the Yakima County Health District help line at 509-249-6508.
See original story here.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food