OUTLOOK, WA -- The water advisory for the Outlook neighborhood in Yakima is expected to remain in place through the weekend.
The state Department of Health reports testing of the drinking water from public wells is ongoing and no results are available yet.
Even if tests come back clean, a second round of testing is anticipated before the water alert is lifted.
The state Department of Agriculture had staff in the neighborhood on Saturday to collect drinking water samples from private water wells for testing and will cover the costs of this testing.
Yakima County Emergency Management reports that a pallet of bottled water donated by the Sunnyside Walmart Distribution Center is all gone.
The county will be seeking additional donations.
Finally, residents in the area who need help with water testing or have questions about their water, should contact the Yakima County Health District help line at 509-249-6508.
See original story here.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland