Part Time Web Producer - Posted 12/21/2016
TITLE: Web Producer
HOURS: Part Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Content
KAPP-KVEW TV, in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is seeking a part-time Web Producer who will be responsible for contributing to the operation of the company’s digital presence, including the website, social media accounts and any other digital properties.
We are looking for someone to work closely with the Director of Digital Content and news department including reporters, producers and promotions to create dynamic digital content. This person would be responsible for publishing daily and breaking news content to the station’s website. The Web Producer would also be responsible to help manage the station’s social media platforms, identifying and posting engaging content.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong news judgment, excellent writing and communication skills and a working knowledge of social media websites.
- Research, create and publish online text, photos and video to company website.
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Report, write and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline.
- Engage in regular and weekly meetings to develop strategies for online content.
- Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned by news management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. A writing sample may be requested.
- Knowledge of social networking sites and personal social media usage.
- Multitasker with an ability to juggle projects and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of social contesting tools a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible schedule with the possibility of working weekends.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until filled
Or mail to:
P. O. Box 1749
Yakima, WA 98907
*PLEASE SPECIFY “Web Producer” POSITION AND REFERRAL SOURCE IN YOUR COVER LETTER
*NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER