Mobile Multi-Media Journalist – posted 5/24/2017
TITLE: Mobile Multi-Media Journalist
HOURS: Full Time – 30+ hours
REPORTS TO: News Director
KAPP/KVEW TV, Your Local ABC in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State is looking for a Mobile Multi-Media Journalist for an opening in our KAPP newsroom in Yakima, WA. If you are a true tech-savvy story teller who does not rely on press releases or officials for the news, then this job is for you as you will be using various portable electronic devises with network connectivity to gather, edit and distribute news from our community. It is truly one of those jobs that will be what you make of it. We are looking only for motivated individuals with a work ethic who are not afraid to hustle.
· The ability to shoot quality video with mobile electronic devices such as cell phones and tablets.
· Enterprise viable and compelling stories for newscasts and website.
· Flexibility to cover different types of stories every day.
· Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day.
· Must be a team player.
· Ability to work with Edius video editing system.
· Ability to work with I-News writing system.
· Must shoot and edit your own video using mobile electronic devices such as cell phones and tablets.
· We are a MMJ Station. You must work independently.
· Must be very socially engaged on various social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
· Ability to use live-streaming services to involve audiences in storytelling.
· Must create content and write stories for our website yaktrinews.com.
· Some stories will require travel of 100 miles or more
· Must be willing to maintain contacts and foster relationships in the community.
· Must be engaged with daily local, national and international news sites.
· May be asked to go out into the community and represent KAPP/KVEW TV.
· 2 year degree or equivalent work experience.
· Mobile journalism experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in journalism preferred.
· Sound editorial judgment & broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws are a must.
· Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
· The ability to speak conversational Spanish a plus.
· Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds.
· Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until filled
Or mail to:
P. O. Box 1749
Yakima, WA 98907
PLEASE SPECIFY “KAPP Mobile MMJ” POSITION
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER