If you haven’t already booked a campsite in Oregon for this summer’s total solar eclipse, you may be out of luck.
All state park eclipse sites are sold out, including the extra 1,000 sites opened for reservations just for the Aug. 21 event in which daytime will appear to be night.
All reservations were completed within an hour and a half after becoming available Wednesday morning.
Cancellations may return a few sites to the pool. There is no waiting list, but campers can visit the state parks website at oregonstateparks.reserveamerica.com and sign up to be notified about cancellations.
Sites must be reserved for the entire long weekend, from Friday Aug. 18 to Monday Aug. 21.
- Local law enforcement get ready for "Drug Take Back" day
- Students host suicide prevention workshop at Columbia Basin College
- Kennewick installs outdoor fitness center at local park
- Humane society still hoping to get guinea pigs adopted
- Tri-Cities Cancer Center awared for their "Be A Man" video
- Authorities seek to arrest suspected child molester