If you haven’t already booked a campsite in Oregon for this summer’s total solar eclipse, you may be out of luck.
All state park eclipse sites are sold out, including the extra 1,000 sites opened for reservations just for the Aug. 21 event in which daytime will appear to be night.
All reservations were completed within an hour and a half after becoming available Wednesday morning.
Cancellations may return a few sites to the pool. There is no waiting list, but campers can visit the state parks website at oregonstateparks.reserveamerica.com and sign up to be notified about cancellations.
Sites must be reserved for the entire long weekend, from Friday Aug. 18 to Monday Aug. 21.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop