The Adams County Sheriff tells that the fourteen year old girl who triggered a brief amber alert last night lied to her parents about being abducted.
Ashley Cortes-Cohetero told her parents via cell phone that she had been abducted. However, authorities tell us that was not the case and that she was essentially a runaway who did not return home after school.
She was returned home by Othello PD last night.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget