The Adams County Sheriff tells that the fourteen year old girl who triggered a brief amber alert last night lied to her parents about being abducted.
Ashley Cortes-Cohetero told her parents via cell phone that she had been abducted. However, authorities tell us that was not the case and that she was essentially a runaway who did not return home after school.
She was returned home by Othello PD last night.
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims