A West Valley family gets quite the scare this morning after their 15 year old daughter is kidnapped on her way to school.
Yakima police were called out to the home just before 8 a.m.
According to deputies, a 15-year-old girl was taken by a group of three suspects and placed into a trunk while on her way to school.
The girl's family also says one of the suspects is her ex-boyfriend.
The girl was waiting to be picked up by a teenage friend, however the family says once he got there the suspects pointed a gun at him and took the girl.
The victim was able to contact family from her cell phone while riding in the trunk of the suspects' car.
Sheriff's deputies say state patrol was able to stop the driver near Chinook Pass thanks to the victim's description of the vehicle.
The three suspects were taken into custody.
One neighbor says he saw deputies and police surrounding the home -- and was shocked something like that would happen in his neighborhood.
"You don't want nothing bad to ever happen to your boy, your daughter," said Juan Morfin, "That's what we live for, that's what we strive to make it for our children. For something like that to be out of people's hands definitely grows in the back of somebody's mind."
W did speak to the family this morning, they say is girl is safe and was unharmed.
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival this weekend
- BMCC seeks new men's head basketball coach
- Richland homeowners still waiting to file insurance claims after flooding
- New homeless men's facility kicks off in Pasco
- Family of the 14-year-old shot and killed in Yakima mourning his death
- Richland Public Library helps to expand STEAM education