President Barack Obama signs a $16 billion Veterans Administration Reform Bill into law today.
The new measure will provide money for more VA hospitals, doctors and nurses.
The bill is aimed at erasing the backlog of veterans across the country waiting for care.
One local vet said it's about time.
"We have so many veterans that are waiting for care and dying in the process so we need that funding so we're not waiting months and months," said Desiree Azzarello. "I myself am waiting two years just to get a disability claim so with funding like that we can get those sped up and get the health care that we need."
The law includes more funds so some veterans can get health care at private facilities.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop