President Barack Obama signs a $16 billion Veterans Administration Reform Bill into law today.
The new measure will provide money for more VA hospitals, doctors and nurses.
The bill is aimed at erasing the backlog of veterans across the country waiting for care.
One local vet said it's about time.
"We have so many veterans that are waiting for care and dying in the process so we need that funding so we're not waiting months and months," said Desiree Azzarello. "I myself am waiting two years just to get a disability claim so with funding like that we can get those sped up and get the health care that we need."
The law includes more funds so some veterans can get health care at private facilities.
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter