Benton Conservation District Awards its 2013 Conservationists of the Year award.
The awards recognize individuals or organizations that make significant contributions to the wise stewardship of natural resources for the residents of Benton County.
This year, two individuals were honered, Jim Langdon and Dale Schielke.
Langdon was recognized for his tireless contributions to build and maintain the Badger Mountain Trail system.
Schielke receives the Wildlife Award to recognize his efforts to build, install and maintain 300 wood duck nesting boxes.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome