PENDLETON, Ore. – More than 300 native dancers and 25 drum groups compete over the weekend for cash and prizes at the 20th annual Pow Wow at Wildhorse Resort and Casino in Pendleton, Oregon.
Each day kicked off with a grand entry as participants paraded into the Pow Wow arena in their colorful regalia to start the dancing and drumming competition.
Vendors were also on hand to provide a variety of Native American arts and crafts, apparel and food – including the popular Indian fry bread.
Wildhorse Resort & Casino provided more than $80,000 in cash and prizes for the annual event.
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter