PENDLETON, Ore. – More than 300 native dancers and 25 drum groups compete over the weekend for cash and prizes at the 20th annual Pow Wow at Wildhorse Resort and Casino in Pendleton, Oregon.
Each day kicked off with a grand entry as participants paraded into the Pow Wow arena in their colorful regalia to start the dancing and drumming competition.
Vendors were also on hand to provide a variety of Native American arts and crafts, apparel and food – including the popular Indian fry bread.
Wildhorse Resort & Casino provided more than $80,000 in cash and prizes for the annual event.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location