PENDLETON, Ore. – More than 300 native dancers and 25 drum groups compete over the weekend for cash and prizes at the 20th annual Pow Wow at Wildhorse Resort and Casino in Pendleton, Oregon.
Each day kicked off with a grand entry as participants paraded into the Pow Wow arena in their colorful regalia to start the dancing and drumming competition.
Vendors were also on hand to provide a variety of Native American arts and crafts, apparel and food – including the popular Indian fry bread.
Wildhorse Resort & Casino provided more than $80,000 in cash and prizes for the annual event.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds