The Walla Walla County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal rollover crash that claimed the lives of three teenagers -- 2 boys and a girl -- east of Walla Walla early this morning.
UPDATE: The three teams have now been identfied by authorities in Walla Walla as 15 year old Athena Bentley, 16 year old Uziel Bermoy, and 17 year old Aidan Boede. All three were students at Walla Walla High School. Autopsies will be conducted on Monday.
The single-vehicle rollover forced the closure of a stretch of Mill Creek Road, just east of Seven Mile Road about 3 a.m. today.
Investigators say the Dodge Neon was travelling westbound on Mill Creek Road when it hit a dirt embankment, overcorrected and rolled while crossing the eastbound lanes, then crashing through a barbed-wire fence and landing on its roof.
The Walla Walla County Sheriff's Office says speed may have been a factor in the accident.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes