From Kennewick Police-
On January 18, 2014 officers with the Kennewick Police Department took reports from about 25 victims involving about 30 vehicles that were entered and property was removed. It appears the majority of the vehicles were unlocked at the time the suspect(s) gained entry. Various items were stolen including cash/coin, tools, keys, and wallet(s). The Benton County Sheriff's Officer had similar cases the night prior.
The Benton County Sherriff's Office and the Kennewick Police Department worked together concerning leads on these thefts. Three juvenile suspects were arrested by the Benton County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff's Office and the Kennewick Police Department served search warrants which resulted in the recovery of items taken in the above cases and other cases.
If someone has information that they would like to provide while remaining confidential, they may call the Crime Stoppers line at 586-TIPS (8477), 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visit www.tricitiescimestoppers.org
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services