Yakima City is receiving $37,500 as part of a statewide grant to support waste reduction and recycling projects.
The Washington Department of Ecology granted over $1 million at local and county levels across the state for 24 total projects.
Yakima's Solid Waste Division will use the $37,500 to start a curbside recycling and yard waste collection project.
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter