Yakima City is receiving $37,500 as part of a statewide grant to support waste reduction and recycling projects.
The Washington Department of Ecology granted over $1 million at local and county levels across the state for 24 total projects.
Yakima's Solid Waste Division will use the $37,500 to start a curbside recycling and yard waste collection project.
- Richland council accepting Code Enforcement Board applications
- Absent budget deal, Washington prepares for a shutdown
- 3 jailed on suspicion of graffiting vehicles
- Officials nab serial credit card fraud suspect
- Woman in jail after stabbing boyfriend in gentials
- Kennewick Police searching for man suspected of child rape