A popular restaurant in Yakima is celebrating nearly half a century in business tonight.
Gasperetti's is holding their 48th anniversary dinner and celebration at their North First Street location.
Owner John Gasperetti says his family first started their business in Union Gap before opening their current location in Yakima when he was younger.
Tonight's celebration will feature dishes dating back to the old days and friends and families who have known the Gasperetti's for years.
"[It's] Overwhelming, I would say, we've gone through several generations now, needless to say," said Gasperetti, "Now we served the parents, now the grandparents, and now we are on to the children and their children. It's been quite remarkable."
The restaurant was also honored by the City of Yakima for it's 48 years in the business.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes