A popular restaurant in Yakima is celebrating nearly half a century in business tonight.
Gasperetti's is holding their 48th anniversary dinner and celebration at their North First Street location.
Owner John Gasperetti says his family first started their business in Union Gap before opening their current location in Yakima when he was younger.
Tonight's celebration will feature dishes dating back to the old days and friends and families who have known the Gasperetti's for years.
"[It's] Overwhelming, I would say, we've gone through several generations now, needless to say," said Gasperetti, "Now we served the parents, now the grandparents, and now we are on to the children and their children. It's been quite remarkable."
The restaurant was also honored by the City of Yakima for it's 48 years in the business.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima