The City of Walla Walla Finance Department announcing that $480,000 will be returned to City of Walla Walla property tax payers in 2015 in the form of a partial property tax holiday. This results from excess funds from the $11,595,000 Walla Walla Police Station Bond issue approved by voters in 2009.
City Finance Manager Jean Teasdale calculates this will result in reducing the 2015 Police Station bond payment in half. She states "the reduction will be about .24 cents per $1,000 of assessed valuation, which equates to $24 for every $100,000 of assessed valuation. For the average price Walla Walla home of $167,000 this means a reduction of $40.41 for 2015."
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire