The City of Walla Walla Finance Department announcing that $480,000 will be returned to City of Walla Walla property tax payers in 2015 in the form of a partial property tax holiday. This results from excess funds from the $11,595,000 Walla Walla Police Station Bond issue approved by voters in 2009.
City Finance Manager Jean Teasdale calculates this will result in reducing the 2015 Police Station bond payment in half. She states "the reduction will be about .24 cents per $1,000 of assessed valuation, which equates to $24 for every $100,000 of assessed valuation. For the average price Walla Walla home of $167,000 this means a reduction of $40.41 for 2015."
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds