At 11:48 Sunday morning the body of Sandra Harris, 69, was discovered by the Benton County Sherrif's Office off of Coffin Road and Interstate-82.
Initial information was given by a citizen traveling westbound on Coffin Road, towards I-82 and observed a body lying on the side of the roadway and called 911, according to a Sherrif's press release.
Sandra Harris was reported missing to the media Saturday in an abduction for ransom scheme.
Authorities arrested Theresa Wiltse Saturday as part of the investigation.
Wiltse is from Connell, WA. KAPP/KVEW was in the community today asking residents how they felt about the news.
Residents of the small town didn't want to speak on record but several told our reporter Tori Cooper they were shocked.
Sunday morning deputies arrived on the scene and located a deceased, unidentified female lying in the brush who was later identified as 69 year old Sandra Harris.
Harris was a kidnapping victim that happened Friday. At this time authorities don't know how Harris died.
Watch for updates on our social media platforms.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call