At 11:48 Sunday morning the body of Sandra Harris, 69, was discovered by the Benton County Sherrif's Office off of Coffin Road and Interstate-82.
Initial information was given by a citizen traveling westbound on Coffin Road, towards I-82 and observed a body lying on the side of the roadway and called 911, according to a Sherrif's press release.
Sandra Harris was reported missing to the media Saturday in an abduction for ransom scheme.
Authorities arrested Theresa Wiltse Saturday as part of the investigation.
Wiltse is from Connell, WA. KAPP/KVEW was in the community today asking residents how they felt about the news.
Residents of the small town didn't want to speak on record but several told our reporter Tori Cooper they were shocked.
Sunday morning deputies arrived on the scene and located a deceased, unidentified female lying in the brush who was later identified as 69 year old Sandra Harris.
Harris was a kidnapping victim that happened Friday. At this time authorities don't know how Harris died.
Watch for updates on our social media platforms.
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land