70 year old arrsted by Kennewick police after dispute in little league parking lot. Release from KPD is below:
On 5/10/2014 at 15:15 hrs. 70 year old John DeCarlo was waiting for a parking spot for several minutes in the crowded Little League Fields parking lot. When the car pulled out of the spot, another car from the opposite direction, driven by a lady and her husband, pulled into the spot. DeCarlo got out of his car and challenged them to move with mild threats. Words were exchanged and DeCarlo allegedly pulled a small caliber gun and pointed at the driver saying he was going to shoot the driver. The driver moved and DeCarlo took the parking space. Independent witnesses confirmed the victims' statement and the suspect's actions. The firearm was located in DeCarlo's car and immediately secured.
There were several games being played with friends and family members in attendance. John was arrested without incident and booked into Benton County Jail for Felony Harassment and trespassed from the location.
Many citizens were helpful with the investigation by remaining calm and moving from the area before DeCarlo wasarrested and providing information after the fact. Our thanks to the citizens who assisted in this incident.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop