Benton County Commissioners voted to accept the plans for a consolidated 911 system throughout Benton and Franklin counties.
Two weeks ago members of the Tri-Cities' fraternal order of police sent a letter to local law enforcement leaders demanding a consolidated 911 system.
Today the Benton County Commissioners voted to support consolidation.
Franklin County has already voted to move forward with consolidation.
The next step is for the cities and counties to sign an inter-local agreement.
Franklin County Commissioners hope to be presented with that agreement on August 13th.
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know
- Massive malware attack: Who's been hit
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor