Benton County Commissioners voted to accept the plans for a consolidated 911 system throughout Benton and Franklin counties.
Two weeks ago members of the Tri-Cities' fraternal order of police sent a letter to local law enforcement leaders demanding a consolidated 911 system.
Today the Benton County Commissioners voted to support consolidation.
Franklin County has already voted to move forward with consolidation.
The next step is for the cities and counties to sign an inter-local agreement.
Franklin County Commissioners hope to be presented with that agreement on August 13th.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown