Attorneys for a man who claims he was raped by a deacon of the Yakima Diocese are asking for more money in damages.
An attorney for the man, who goes by John Doe, is asking a federal court judge to award more than $8.5 million, up from about $3 million.
Doe is claiming former deacon Aaron Ramirez raped him in 1999, and that the church was negligent in monitoring Ramirez.
Closing arguments in this case were heard yesterday, the judge will be handing down a decision at a later date.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds