Attorneys for a man who claims he was raped by a deacon of the Yakima Diocese are asking for more money in damages.
An attorney for the man, who goes by John Doe, is asking a federal court judge to award more than $8.5 million, up from about $3 million.
Doe is claiming former deacon Aaron Ramirez raped him in 1999, and that the church was negligent in monitoring Ramirez.
Closing arguments in this case were heard yesterday, the judge will be handing down a decision at a later date.
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem