Attorneys for a man who claims he was raped by a deacon of the Yakima Diocese are asking for more money in damages.
An attorney for the man, who goes by John Doe, is asking a federal court judge to award more than $8.5 million, up from about $3 million.
Doe is claiming former deacon Aaron Ramirez raped him in 1999, and that the church was negligent in monitoring Ramirez.
Closing arguments in this case were heard yesterday, the judge will be handing down a decision at a later date.
- Supporters of Hanford Reach worried about Trump action
- Missing Seattle woman found dead in Columbia River
- Police searching for driver missing from car wreck
- Google Maps now remembers where you parked your car
- Seahawk's "Blitz" to entertain students in Yakima today
- Bride of ISIS: From 'happily ever after' to hell