A Pendleton man suspected of stabbing another man during an alternation last night at a restaurant and bar in Irrigon has been arrested.
The Morrow County Sheriff's Office received a report of a stabbing just before midnight at the Sub Zero restuarant and bar in Irrigo.
Preliminary reports indicate a group of people entered the establishment, including one known by the bartender to be under 21. They were told to leave and a verbal altercation ensued. 37-year-old Aaron VanFossen of Irrigon was a patron at the bar and attempted to intervene on behalf of the establishment. Several members of the group got into a physical altercation with VanFossen who was stabbed in the abdomen. The suspects then fled the establishment.
Witnesses described the suspect that stabbed VanFossen as 19-year-old Seth Edward Lee Finch of Pendleton. He was located and arrested by Umatilla Tribal Police and was lodged in the Umatilla County Jail on multiple charges.
The investigation is ongoing and additional arrests are likely.
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes
- Contested speaker Brad Henning withdraws from KSD event
- Marine life expert speaking on orca behavior at Kennewick library