UPDATE: Amber Alert canceled as the female and child is in custody.
Deputies say they have recovered a 6-year-old boy and his mother, who abducted the boy at knifepoint Sunday night and triggered a statewide Amber Alert, following a high-speed chase on Highway 2.
Area of abduction- Auburn, WA
Description- 5/5/14- NON-CUSTODIAL MOTHER FORCED ENTRY INTO HER MOTHERS HOME AT KNIFE POINT TIED HER UP AND TOOK AUTISTIC SON AFTER RANSACKING HOUSE. MAY ALSO HAVE TAKEN A HAND GUN. BELIEVED TO BE HEADED SOUTH POSSIBLE TO MEXICO. Please Contact King County Sheriff’s Office at 206-296-3311
Missing Boy- MASON JOSEPH BENNATTS-MILLER, who was last wearing a grey shirt, with bright lettering on his jeans. He is 6 years old and 3 feet tall. He is autistic.
Suspect- SANDRA BENNATTS, 34 year old woman, Mason's non-custodial mother.
Car of interest- Grey 2009 Acura RDX, WA License Plate 787YZO
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds