The Kennewick City Council denies an annexation request into the city from a developer and a few Benton County residents.
In a 5 to 2 vote, the council turned down the request at last night's city council meeting.
The proposed housing development involves 21 acres near Gum Street and 15th Avenue, however, several neighboring property owners protested the proposed development.
Despite the city council denying the annexation request, the proposed housing development isn't necessarily halted.
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November