The Kennewick City Council denies an annexation request into the city from a developer and a few Benton County residents.
In a 5 to 2 vote, the council turned down the request at last night's city council meeting.
The proposed housing development involves 21 acres near Gum Street and 15th Avenue, however, several neighboring property owners protested the proposed development.
Despite the city council denying the annexation request, the proposed housing development isn't necessarily halted.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget