Today is the start of the Annual Badger Mountain Challenge.
The group of runners particpiating in the 100 mile run started this morning.
That course is a 50 mile two-loop course that consists of footpaths, multi-use trails, dirt roads, and short stretches of pavement on and around Badger, Candy and Red Mountains.
The 50k and 15k runs will begin tomorrow morning.
Runners say they do it because they're up for the challenge.
If you're wondering how they're going to do it, there will be aid stations every few miles for the runners o stalk up on electrolytes and food.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop