Today is the start of the Annual Badger Mountain Challenge.
The group of runners particpiating in the 100 mile run started this morning.
That course is a 50 mile two-loop course that consists of footpaths, multi-use trails, dirt roads, and short stretches of pavement on and around Badger, Candy and Red Mountains.
The 50k and 15k runs will begin tomorrow morning.
Runners say they do it because they're up for the challenge.
If you're wondering how they're going to do it, there will be aid stations every few miles for the runners o stalk up on electrolytes and food.
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon