Hundreds of homeless people in Yakima turn out for the 9th annual Point in Time Survey today.
The survey, organized by the Homeless Network of Yakima County, is a yearly census of people who are living on the streets.
The survey asks people to identify things such as their age, gender, and other factors that contributed to their homelessness.
Last year, the survey found almost 900 people living in Yakima County without permanent or adequate shelter.
This year's survey totals will be announced in the spring.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement