Applications are now being accepted for the Yakima Police Department Citizens Academy. The academy will take place each Tuesday night for 10 weeks, starting April 8, 2014.
This academy is free and enrollment will be on a first come basis, limited to 30 attendees. You must be 18 years old and pass a background check. The classes are held at the Yakima Police Department Special Operations Building located at 207 S. 3rd Street. Classes during this session will run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. An optional Saturday class at a shooting range is also part of the academy.
The academy will cover a wide range of law enforcement activities including gang enforcement, traffic enforcement, YPD K-9 program, firearms, forensics, criminal investigations, YPD SWAT team and operational structure of the YPD.
Applications are available at the Yakima Police Department or by contacting Community Services at (509) 575-6197. Applications should be submitted by Monday, March 31, 2014.
There will be Spanish only session offered in the Fall of 2014. If you are interested in this Fall session, you can email us at email@example.com or by calling (509) 575-6197.
SAFE Yakima is providing financial assistance for this event.
Any questions please call (509) 575-6197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park