From the Yakima PD-
On 2-23-14 at 4:10am, Yakima Police Officers responded to a report of an armed robbery. Further investigation revealed the victim and a friend were in the parking lot of a restaurant in the 800blk of N. 1st Street when they were confronted by two males brandishing firearms. Neither victim was injured during the robbery, but one of victims did have an undisclosed amount of cash taken from them. As the suspects fled in their vehicle, one of the victims snapped a photo of the suspect vehicle with their iPhone and provided it to police.
At about 8:18pm an officer from the Yakima Police Department’s Gang Unit traveling southbound on N. 1st Street spotted the suspect vehicle traveling the opposite direction. The vehicle was stopped and two people were detained. Further investigation, identified the 16 year old male driver as one of the two suspects involved in the robbery and evidence related to the crime was recovered.
Officers are still attempting to identify the second suspect, described only as a Hispanic male and a third subject who was driving the suspect vehicle at the time of the robbery described as a white or light skinned female with dark shoulder length hair and a “round face”. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with additional information can contact the Yakima Police Department at 575-6200.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires