From the Yakima Fire Department-
Summary of Incident- Yesterday, May 1, a suspect was placed under arrest for intentionally setting a fire at the 4000 Block of Summitview Avenue. He is described as being a 41 yo male, who was observed by a nearby video camera, lighting the commercial business on fire on the building's siding material. The video captured the event and provided police detectives with enough information to identify and arrest the suspect.
The fire caused some minor damage to the building and no one was hurt. However, the commercial building was staffed with workers inside the building at the time of the fire.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome