From the Yakima Fire Department-
Summary of Incident- Yesterday, May 1, a suspect was placed under arrest for intentionally setting a fire at the 4000 Block of Summitview Avenue. He is described as being a 41 yo male, who was observed by a nearby video camera, lighting the commercial business on fire on the building's siding material. The video captured the event and provided police detectives with enough information to identify and arrest the suspect.
The fire caused some minor damage to the building and no one was hurt. However, the commercial building was staffed with workers inside the building at the time of the fire.
- Richland roads closed for construction
- Merkel hints at same-sex marriage vote in Germany
- Officals warn 80 homeowners of evacuation as Chelan fire grows to 7 square miles
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign