A ten year old boy is trhe suspect in what is believed to be an arson fire at the Santiago Estates in Kennewick which damaged playground equipment today. The official release from the Kennewick PD is below:
Kennewick Police Officers responded to assist both Kennewick and Richland Fire Departments for a large fire in the area of N. Steptoe Street and W. Arrowhead Ave in Kennewick.
Following fire personnel getting the fire contained and extinguished, it was determined the community playground equipment had been set ablaze with an estimated damage of $10,000. There was no other property damage found. Kennewick Police Officers began investigating the incident as Arson.
Kennewick officers began canvassing the area and contacted several residences in the area. One witness who was arriving home around the time the fire started stated they seen a young juvenile boy leaving the playground on his bicycle in a hurry.
At this time, Kennewick officers are following up on several leads.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds