Type of Incident Arson 1st Degree
Date and Time of Incident 09/23/2013 2135 hours
Defendant’s Name Odell, Latasha Marie Age 34
Summary of incident: On 09/23/2013 around 2135 hours Kennewick Fire and Kennewick Police responded to 411 W. 1st Avenue for a residential structure fire. Victim Marcilla Roger lived there alone and was inside the home at the time of the fire. Roger made it out safely. Kennewick Police investigated this case as arson fire after the Kennewick Fire Department completed their origin and cause investigation. Several leads were followed and three suspects were identified. No arrest had been made for lack of evidence. On 02/17/2014 Kennewick Police Detectives received a tip that Latasha Odell of Clarkston, WA was bragging about starting the fire. Odell has ties to the Tri-Cities and was known to be in Pasco about to leave town. Kennewick Police Detectives arrested Odell at the Tahitian Inn Hotel in Pasco. Odell was booked into the Benton County Jail for Arson 1st Degree and Residential Burglary. Odell acted alone in this fire and there are no other suspects at large.
For further information contact the Kennewick Police Department Public Information Sergeant Ken Lattin at 509-582-1316 or contact the front desk at 509-585-4208 and ask for assistance.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services