If you love asparagus, we have some good news -- this year's season in Washington is off to a good start.
The state asparagus commission says spring weather in the mid-Columbia area has been ideal with no frost.
The harvest started early this month and should last into June.
There are 75 asparagus growers within the state who harvest about 18 million pounds from about 5,000 acres.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters