If you love asparagus, we have some good news -- this year's season in Washington is off to a good start.
The state asparagus commission says spring weather in the mid-Columbia area has been ideal with no frost.
The harvest started early this month and should last into June.
There are 75 asparagus growers within the state who harvest about 18 million pounds from about 5,000 acres.
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees