If you love asparagus, we have some good news -- this year's season in Washington is off to a good start.
The state asparagus commission says spring weather in the mid-Columbia area has been ideal with no frost.
The harvest started early this month and should last into June.
There are 75 asparagus growers within the state who harvest about 18 million pounds from about 5,000 acres.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location