Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson makes a stop in Yakima this afternoon to meet with city officials.
Ferguson met with officials from the Yakima and Selah police departments, as well as state troopers and county prosecutors to address certain issues in the area.
Topics ranged from legalized marijuana to mental health problems within the area, as well as ways to help solve the problems.
"One specific would maybe be to work with the state legislature on certain changes to areas around mental illness for example, or other areas where we can give additional resources for local law enforcement to address those challenges," said Ferguson, "At the end of the day, resource is a big part of the solution, the legislature can help in that regard, and I want to be helpful with that."
Ferguson also visited Spokane earlier this week, he will be returning to Olympia tomorrow.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd