Results on the autopsies of two children found shot to death in a Kennewick home were released this afternoon.
12-year-old Ethan Austin died of a single gunshot wound to the head and 16-year-old Kaitlin Austin died of multiple gun shot wounds to the head and torso.
The Benton County Coroner's Office said there is no indication there is another suspect in this case.
The Kennewick Police Department released a statement that despite specualtion this was a murder/suicide, that is not confirmed and this is still an ongoing investigation.
Results from forensics will take weeks to determine where the shots came from.
Andrew Austin found both children dead in their Kennewick home on Monday.
Two of Kate's best friends tell Your Local ABC they are glad there is not a murderer out there and they hope their group of friends can mourn together and move forward.
"I feel relief that it's not some random guy that's out there killing people," said Jasmine Hubbard.
"Life is short and things can happen in the blink of an eye when you don't expect it so just be prepared and be strong about it," said Katie Dykes.
According to the coroner's office, there is no evidence that another person was involved.
The Kennewick Police Department is continuing to work with Washington State Patrol crime lab and the Benton County Coroner.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park