The Yakima City Council will decide tonight if 11 more intersections will be added to the do-not-panhandle list.
The proposed ordinance would ban panhandling at 26 intersections,
Currently the ban in place makes it illegal at 15 intersections for someone on the street to take a gift from a vehicle within 250 feet of the banned intersections.
Panhandlers are also not allowed to loiter and beg in parking lots.
The ordinance will continue to allow holding signs on street corners, as well as handing away items such as political fliers.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities