The Yakima City Council will decide tonight if 11 more intersections will be added to the do-not-panhandle list.
The proposed ordinance would ban panhandling at 26 intersections,
Currently the ban in place makes it illegal at 15 intersections for someone on the street to take a gift from a vehicle within 250 feet of the banned intersections.
Panhandlers are also not allowed to loiter and beg in parking lots.
The ordinance will continue to allow holding signs on street corners, as well as handing away items such as political fliers.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget