There's a round up of sorts involving Washington State beef producers in Yakima.
A couple hundred people showed up today at State Fair Park for the Beef Producers Conference and Trade Show. This year's conference is focusing on new techniques for cattle herding and healthier ways to raise livestock.
Conference Director Curtis Beus says after two decades of barely breaking even, the beef industry may be more profitable than ever before, "We're exporting more and more, not just beef but all kinds of meat around the world. So things look very good for the animal agriculture industry and that's something that in terms of marketing and in terms of production in terms of serving those needs, that will be another major topic of the conference."
The conference began earlier today and wraps up tomorrow afternoon.
- 'Umbrella' protesters charged one day after new Hong Kong leader selected
- London's Muslim women march for victims of Westminster terror attack
- Four people shot to death in Northern California home
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim