There's a round up of sorts involving Washington State beef producers in Yakima.
A couple hundred people showed up today at State Fair Park for the Beef Producers Conference and Trade Show. This year's conference is focusing on new techniques for cattle herding and healthier ways to raise livestock.
Conference Director Curtis Beus says after two decades of barely breaking even, the beef industry may be more profitable than ever before, "We're exporting more and more, not just beef but all kinds of meat around the world. So things look very good for the animal agriculture industry and that's something that in terms of marketing and in terms of production in terms of serving those needs, that will be another major topic of the conference."
The conference began earlier today and wraps up tomorrow afternoon.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities