The Benton County Sheriff's Office is notifying the public of a Level III sex offender release.
34-year-old Jeffrey Smith is a transient in Benton County.
He was convicted back in July 2011 of one county of aggravated assault and two counts of indecent acts.
He is not currently under Probation or Department of Corrections supervision.
He is not wanted by law enforcement as this notification is to inform the public only.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd