A former Ki-Be teacher who was murdered on school grounds ten years ago is going to be included on a memorial for teachers killed in the line of duty, which will open at the National Teachers Hall of Fame in Kansas in June.
Bob Mars was stabbed to death by two teenagers at Ki-Be Middle School in September of 2004 when he let them in to the school late at night on a weekend on the premise that they were going to make a call to get a ride home.
Both were convicted and are now serving lengthy prison sentences.
Mars had been a teacher in the Ki-Be district since the 80's and coached several sports at Ki-Be high, including wrestling and football.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities