The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office has identified the body of a man found yesterday afternoon along the Umatilla River.
60-year-old William Powney Senior of Hermiston was found around 3:30 p.m. Deputies say his body had washed ashore along the Umatilla River near the Highway 730 bridge.
Sheriff Terry Rowan said in a press release that there was no sign of foul play or any apparent injuries to the body. The State Medical Examiner's office has been contacted and may perform an autopsy later today. At this time, the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is calling this case a death investigation.
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex