The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office has identified the body of a man found yesterday afternoon along the Umatilla River.
60-year-old William Powney Senior of Hermiston was found around 3:30 p.m. Deputies say his body had washed ashore along the Umatilla River near the Highway 730 bridge.
Sheriff Terry Rowan said in a press release that there was no sign of foul play or any apparent injuries to the body. The State Medical Examiner's office has been contacted and may perform an autopsy later today. At this time, the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is calling this case a death investigation.
- Walla Walla University aviation program celebrates 50 years
- Walla Walla homeless camp relocating
- Seattle Beer Week featuring its first Yakima Valley beer
- ‘Beauty and the Beast' on its final week at Davis High
- Yakima community fears wearing specific colors after recent homicide
- Central Washington University grad to compete in Miss USA competition