The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office has identified the body of a man found yesterday afternoon along the Umatilla River.
60-year-old William Powney Senior of Hermiston was found around 3:30 p.m. Deputies say his body had washed ashore along the Umatilla River near the Highway 730 bridge.
Sheriff Terry Rowan said in a press release that there was no sign of foul play or any apparent injuries to the body. The State Medical Examiner's office has been contacted and may perform an autopsy later today. At this time, the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is calling this case a death investigation.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market