The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office has identified the body of a man found yesterday afternoon along the Umatilla River.
60-year-old William Powney Senior of Hermiston was found around 3:30 p.m. Deputies say his body had washed ashore along the Umatilla River near the Highway 730 bridge.
Sheriff Terry Rowan said in a press release that there was no sign of foul play or any apparent injuries to the body. The State Medical Examiner's office has been contacted and may perform an autopsy later today. At this time, the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is calling this case a death investigation.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds