The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office has identified the body of a man found yesterday afternoon along the Umatilla River.
60-year-old William Powney Senior of Hermiston was found around 3:30 p.m. Deputies say his body had washed ashore along the Umatilla River near the Highway 730 bridge.
Sheriff Terry Rowan said in a press release that there was no sign of foul play or any apparent injuries to the body. The State Medical Examiner's office has been contacted and may perform an autopsy later today. At this time, the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is calling this case a death investigation.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities