The Benton County Sheriff's office was called out to the Chandler Power and Pumping Plant after a body was found.
An employee at the power plant found the body between 10:30 and 11 o'clock this morning and called 911.
The sheriff's office was able to identify the body as a hispanic man between 25 and 35 years old.
Deputies said they found a California ID on the body, but a name isn't being released right now.
He was last seen yesterday at a house just down the street from the power plant.
Deputies said he walked off and people were looking for him.
They were unsure of where he was until this afternoon that a plant employee found his body.
The body was on a conveyer belt in the canal's weed cleaning system.
The rack pushed the body onto the conveyer belt.
The water near the area where the body was found is around 15 to 20 feet deep but investigators don't know how he got into the Chandler Canal.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled