The Benton County Coroner's Office is still working to identify the body found Saturday night in the concession stand of a former little league park in West Richland.
Coroner John Hansens says an autopsy was conducted today and that he has an idea who the man may be.
He says the physical characteristics match that of someone they believe has a record with the Department of Corrections.
Hanses says he sent for dental records from the DOC.
He says it may take another day before he can positively identify the victim who died from a self inflicted gun shot wound.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds