The Benton County Coroner's Office is still working to identify the body found Saturday night in the concession stand of a former little league park in West Richland.
Coroner John Hansens says an autopsy was conducted today and that he has an idea who the man may be.
He says the physical characteristics match that of someone they believe has a record with the Department of Corrections.
Hanses says he sent for dental records from the DOC.
He says it may take another day before he can positively identify the victim who died from a self inflicted gun shot wound.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd