New information on the body that was found in a Sunnyside canal earlier this week.
The Yakima County Coroner says man is identified as 56 year old Jerry Peal of Sunnyside.
Police say Peal shoplifted some items from a Wal Mart, attempted to run, before falling or jumping into a canal where he drowned.
A store security guard tried to save him, but was unable to.
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland
- Local Marine runs ultra-marathon 8 months after being in a coma
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance