New information on the body that was found in a Sunnyside canal earlier this week.
The Yakima County Coroner says man is identified as 56 year old Jerry Peal of Sunnyside.
Police say Peal shoplifted some items from a Wal Mart, attempted to run, before falling or jumping into a canal where he drowned.
A store security guard tried to save him, but was unable to.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect