The body of a Dayton woman missing since July 6th was found Friday afternoon on the Idaho side of the Snake River about 30 miles downstream from where she was last seen.
The Wallowa County Sheriff's Office says Sharon Mathews' body was located by officer from the Idaho Fish and Game and recovered by the Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office and Coroner.
Family members believe she may have had some sort of trauma and fell into the river.
Before she was reported missing, the U.S. Forest Service helped her free a boat from the beach near Geneva Bar campground.
Shortly after that, the people Sharon was with, which included family members, returned to the beach from boating on the river and noticed she wasn't there.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape