Benton County Coroner John Hansens said the body found in Richland Sunday evening was too decomposed for an accurate identification of the body.
Hansens said a few discoveries in the autopsy were consistent with Cody Mason but they have to check dental records to be sure.
The coroner's officer will check those records on Monday morning.
We'll bring you more details as they become available to us.
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker
- High school students get glimpse into future careers