Benton County Coroner John Hansens said the body found in Richland Sunday evening was too decomposed for an accurate identification of the body.
Hansens said a few discoveries in the autopsy were consistent with Cody Mason but they have to check dental records to be sure.
The coroner's officer will check those records on Monday morning.
We'll bring you more details as they become available to us.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced