PULLMAN, Wash. -Pullman Police are investigating the discovery of the body of a WSU professor found in a pond at Sunnyside Park Wednesday morning.
According to police, a 51-year-old male Pullman resident took his dog for a walk Tuesday night at 7 p.m. At 8 p.m. the dog came home alone and the family became worried.
The family called police at 10:30 p.m. and police immediately started searching the area.
Around 6:30 Wednesday morning the man's body was located in the pond at Sunnyside Park,
Police are preliminarily labeling the death as accidental; there was nothing suspicious found at the scene and the pond was partially frozen over leading them to believe that he could have fallen in.
The victim also has a history of medical problems so they are not ruling out natural causes.
While the victim's name will not be released until after the coroner finishes his investigation and determines a cause of death, officials at Washington State University did confirm the victim was a history professor.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse