OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- The Puget Sound economy should get a mid-winter boost after Boeing pays bonuses to members of the Machinists union.
Workers will receive a $10,000 bonus in the paychecks the week of Jan. 25.
The bonus is part of the contract extension the union approved along with pension concessions in return for the company's promise to build the new 777X in Washington. The union represents about 30,000 workers in the Puget Sound area.
The contract also calls for a $5,000 bonus in January 2020.
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce announces 2017 community service award recipient