OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- The Puget Sound economy should get a mid-winter boost after Boeing pays bonuses to members of the Machinists union.
Workers will receive a $10,000 bonus in the paychecks the week of Jan. 25.
The bonus is part of the contract extension the union approved along with pension concessions in return for the company's promise to build the new 777X in Washington. The union represents about 30,000 workers in the Puget Sound area.
The contract also calls for a $5,000 bonus in January 2020.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome