A two and a half year old boy was tragically killed in Kennewick Tuesday night when his mother accidentally struck him with the car she was driving. The official news release from the Kennewick Police Department is below:
On July 1, 2014 at approximately 8:00 pm, Mendeck Farah age 36, arrived home at 505 S. Olympia driving her 2000 Mercury van. As she pulled into the parking lot, her child, a 2 1/2 year of age male, ran out to greet her. All accounts at this point in the investigation point to the possibility that she pushed her foot on the accelerator instead of the brake. She struck the child who was drug under the vehicle for several feet. The father of the child immediately pulled the child from under the van and transported him to Trios ER. The child was pronounced dead at Trios ER.
The investigation is still on-going however at this point it appears that this was an accident and a tragedy.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident but has not yet spoken to police about what they saw happen is encouraged to call the Kennewick Police Department.
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway