The Columbia Basin Dive Rescue Team rescued two boys who were stuck on an island in the Yakima River.
Benton Fire Distrct Two received a call around 7 o'clock p.m. that two boys around sixteen years old were stuck on an island at Horseshoe Bend.
Fire Captain Dennis Bates said they made contact with the boys then called in the Columbia Basin Dive Resuce team to assist them.
The rescue team used a small boat to get the boys from the island.
Captain Bates said from his understanding the boys swam over to the island.
Both boys were checked for injuries and went home later in the night.
Officials are not releasing the names of either boy.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds