The Columbia Basin Dive Rescue Team rescued two boys who were stuck on an island in the Yakima River.
Benton Fire Distrct Two received a call around 7 o'clock p.m. that two boys around sixteen years old were stuck on an island at Horseshoe Bend.
Fire Captain Dennis Bates said they made contact with the boys then called in the Columbia Basin Dive Resuce team to assist them.
The rescue team used a small boat to get the boys from the island.
Captain Bates said from his understanding the boys swam over to the island.
Both boys were checked for injuries and went home later in the night.
Officials are not releasing the names of either boy.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters