Benton County Coroner John Hansens confirms one man is dead following an officer involved shooting this morning.
Hansens cannot confirm the identification of the person but he is with the person's family right now.
An officer involved shooting took place on the corner of North Volland St. and West Metaline Ave. in Kennewick just before 8 a.m.
The Kennewick Police Department says a stolen vehicle was involved in the shooting.
Amir Cuskoviz, a neighbor who witnessed the incident, tells Your Local ABC he was working in his garage when he heard cars racing down his street on John Day Ave.
He tells us he saw police cars speeding after a car and shortly after he saw the car go over spike strips that were put down by officers.
Cuskoviz tells us one of the cars tires immediately poppped and the car was still driving on it's rim.
Cuskoviz said he then heard gun shots.
He said he first heard what he thought were shots from a pistol, then he heard shots that sounded like it was coming from a rifle.
Our reporters on the scene saw three men being taken away in handcuffs.
UPDATE - Kennewick Police say a man identified as 32-year-old Aaron Wright allegedly pointed a pellet gun at officers following a chase that lasted 30 minutes.
Wright was allegedly driving a stolen 2003 Ford Focus.
The officer who shot Wright has been identified as officer Joshua Kuhn.
The Kennewick Police Department says more information will be released later this afternoon.
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter