A vacant building in the 200 block of East Columbia Drive collapsed this morning under the weight of the snow.
Firefighters worked through the morning searching the building to make sure that no one was inside at the time of the collapse trying to stay warm from the cold temperatures.
No one was injured.
According to the Kennewick Police Department, the Port of Kennewick, who own the building, had been made aware that the roof was sagging earlier in the week and the building was immediately made off limits.
The building will be brought down and the area made safe as soon as possible,according to the Kennewick Police Department.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters