A vacant building in the 200 block of East Columbia Drive collapsed this morning under the weight of the snow.
Firefighters worked through the morning searching the building to make sure that no one was inside at the time of the collapse trying to stay warm from the cold temperatures.
No one was injured.
According to the Kennewick Police Department, the Port of Kennewick, who own the building, had been made aware that the roof was sagging earlier in the week and the building was immediately made off limits.
The building will be brought down and the area made safe as soon as possible,according to the Kennewick Police Department.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds