A vacant building in the 200 block of East Columbia Drive collapsed this morning under the weight of the snow.
Firefighters worked through the morning searching the building to make sure that no one was inside at the time of the collapse trying to stay warm from the cold temperatures.
No one was injured.
According to the Kennewick Police Department, the Port of Kennewick, who own the building, had been made aware that the roof was sagging earlier in the week and the building was immediately made off limits.
The building will be brought down and the area made safe as soon as possible,according to the Kennewick Police Department.
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land