Hundreds gather in the auditorium at Columbia High School in Burbank today for a "Celebration of Life" for Hunter Conner.
Conner died last weekend snowboarding at Ski Bluewood. The 8th grader was remembered all week with signs, posters, and a memory board in his honor. Through last week, students wore things that Hunter enjoyed such as Seahawks jerseys. The school called it Hunter's Week.
The flyer handed out at the service says, "Hunter was a special young man. He never gave up, he started something and stuck to it. To be honest, he always brought a smile to both his fellow classmates and teachers. The most unique thing about him was his personality."
After the service, there was a gathering in the front area of the high school for a reception.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome